Friday 25 November 2011

NFFC vs Work Experience?

I couldn't believe when I logged on to see I hadn't entered a blog since the beginning of November and here we are, nearly at the end of November.

Unfortunately, we had to sit through yet another 'international weekend' which I must admit, are really beginning to annoy me.

Two pointless friendlies. Fine, there will be people who argue Capello needs to give his squad a run out to try new things and it brings money into the game blah blah blah. But it wasn't that long ago since the qualifiers and I would LOVE it if we could just have a few weeks with no interruptions of good ol' league football.

Teams can gather momentum, league tables can start to take shape and we can all sit down on a Saturday evening knowing that Match of the Day will be on.

Anyway, that's a rant for another time.

Normally, I would have posted my thoughts after the win against Ipswich. But I hate to admit that I actually missed the game.

As a sports journalist who is still relatively new to the industry, I have to pave my way into the right areas. This includes doing as much free graft as possible and this is what happened these past two weeks.

I spent last week with Channel 4's press team before spending a week at football magazine FourFourTwo. I can honestly admit, being based in London for two straight weeks was a huge shock to the system.

But I've learnt a lot and my enthusiasm for the industry has only increased. And guess what?
I actually got my first piece of published work! That's always exciting.

If you're interested, have a read and let me know what you think.
http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/90792/default.aspx

Anyway, all this hectic scheduling resulted in me missing one of the best games of the season by the sound of things.

But I'll say the obvious stuff.

What a brilliant turnaround under Cotterill. It may sound very PR-ish but huge credit must go to the team for coming from behind twice. Under McLaren, we'd gone under and been beaten.

There's clearly work to be done, I'm sick and tired of reading we've dominated but are now behind. But Blackstock is chomping at the bit to come back in and with Ando back as well, we have options and a bit more competition for places.

Maybe a January signing up front? I'm not sure. Tudgay's confidence must be at a high and Findley and Miller will want to stay involved as well so not sure if its needed.

I can't really comment much more than having not seen the game, but the win saw us seven points from the play offs and seven points from relegation; nicely mid table. Now let's keep moving up.

Tough game against Cardiff tomorrow and I expect Earnie to score. Nice of him to come out and say he won't celebrate.  I hope he means it.

I'll take a point tomorrow and continue to pick up points! COYR

No comments:

Post a Comment